Comfortable chic
I was bored all afternoon and wanted to give myself a break from watching episode after episode of Shameless US (Brilliant show, thanks Nadie). I decided to depress myself by returning to polyvore, creating beautiful outfits from pieces that I naturally can't afford. In a perfect world, money would rain from trees and I would own my brother's Mulberry bag featured here, those gorgeous Acne boots and the Helmut Lang sweater. (I have that black ring btw- from Diva). When putting this outfit together, I pictured myself on a rainy day going to lecture halls (without the shades), having lunch with my friends in school and later rushing off for a shoot and dinner with my boyfriend.
I love the name I gave to this outfit (opulence) because it screams Sunday brunch, high tea with the ladies or a casual business meeting over drinks. Still looking for the perfect pleated highwaisted and wide legged pants...there was a similar pair at Topshop last season but $89 is far too exorbitant :( As always, I love wooden platform shoes and that clutch is sheer perfection. Didn't want the outfit to look too put together so a chunky, exotic looking necklace was in order. I think it should be paired with a loose ponytail and minimal makeup with the exception of the red YSL lipstick. What this outfit aims to illustrate is a well off, independent woman in her mid-20s soaking in her cosmopolitan and urban lifestyle.
sidenote: I just realized that the first outfit represents me now, and the second, how I picture myself in four years when I enter the working world. Alright, rain money now please.
love, naf.



















Comments