I've been recuperating at home for a few days now.
I really miss hanging out with my boyfriend, but I know it's important that I fully recover.
Today, I'm well enough to sit and type, unlike the past few days in which I was a groggy, dizzy zombie in complete and miserable pain.
My surgery was on tuesday, and I woke up in the morning anxious and scared.
Thankfully, my brother came along so he made me laugh and cheered me up on the way in the car.
After registering, the nurse brought me to change into the blue slip followed by a pink robe.
They made me wear this showercap thing on my head to cover my hair, and slippers.
My mom followed me inside to sign all the forms.
The nurse took my blood pressure, then made me wait in the waiting area with the other patients.
Then she injected and fixed this tube thingy with a needle into a vein in my left arm to draw blood as well as to feed me medicine.
Then my mum was instructed to wait for me outside,( the look of worry on her face was priceless)
leaving me alone in the waiting area.
I waited for about an hour.
In between I tried to call my boyfriend, read Young Parents, walked around the room restlessly, talked to other patients and even dozed off.
Finally, this petite, young, and bespectacled nurse called out my name and led me to a room, numbered 3.
As I sat there and waited, the nurses and my doctor took turns to talk to me about random things to distract me, like my braces, where I was schooling and one of them was so nice as to take a blanket to cover me because I was shivering in the cold.
Finally everything was ready, and it was so, so scary to see an operating theatre right before me when the door slid open.
As I lay down, they strapped my left arm to the machine that measures my blood pressure(i think) and inserted some tubes here and there.
I could hear that creepy beeping sound of the machine that takes my heartrate somewhere behind me.
As they were fixing up the tubes and such, this particular nurse talked to me about my course but she kept annoying me because she misunderstood everything I said.
seriously annoying.
Finally my doctor, Dr Chuwa appeared beside me.
She's so nice, and I love the tone of her voice.
She told me that everything will be alright, and that she was going to make a mark on the area to be operated.
They did an ultrasound again, and she drew on me with a black marker.
She also reassured me by saying that the scars wouldn't be so big.
Next thing I knew, the anaesthetist's face appeared above me and she said..
"Okay nafeesa, don't worry okay. I want you to relax and breathe with me.."
The petite nurse placed a gas mask over me and the first thing I thought was that the gas smelled really sweet.
then the anaesthetist instructed me to "breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.."
So i followed exactly what she said and before I knew it, I felt really odd.
It was a really strange sensation, because I felt like I was leaving the room and floating downwards..
I can't describe it.
Everything went blank, and next thing I knew.. I woke up in the recovery room a few hours later, groggy, tired, and my chest hurt like hell.
The first thing I said was "is it over?" to a nurse who was checking up on me.
They fed me milo and biscuits when I was well enough to sit up.
After I changed into my own clothes, I slept on a comfortable chair.
Yet again, a nurse came and covered me with a blanket.
Then the nurse talked to me about what to do, and what not to do after surgery.
I've got a week's mc, which was to be expected.
When she removed the tube from the vein in my left arm, I suddenly felt giddy and nauseous and my lips started trembling.
I began shaking.
The nurses rushed over and I heard them saying "nafeesa are you okay?" "nak baring?"
They wheeled a bed over and I was made to lie down.
My mom came and was shocked at how pale i was.
I lay there for a while, trying to calm myself down.
I couldn't stop myself from shaking and shivering, so my mom had to hold everything for me..even my cup and my biscuits.
I couldn't stop shaking all the way home, and even on my own bed for a few hours.
Everything was a daze, and every few hours my mom would wake me up insisting that I eat.
When she tried to get me to eat, my hand was still shaking.
so she tried to feed me.
But the more she forced it down my throat, the more I felt like puking.
I ate 4 spoonfuls, gently pushed the plate away, and fell right into a deep sleep again.
I was tired, dizzy, and extremely weak.
In between, my sister and her kids came with a big bouquet of flowers.
My wound didn't hurt until yesterday, and the area around it feels tender and swollen.
Today, I'm much better thanks to plenty of rest, medication.
My boyfriend came by at my staircase yesterday, suprising me with prima deli chocolate cake which he knew I love. :)
Today, he visited again, this time with my friends.
Felt so much better today.
So thanks Farah, valli, val and jasmin and of course hafiz for coming to visit me today.
:))
You guys made my day.
While I wait for the next appointment with my doctor, I'm praying for my diagnosis to be positive.
The op went well, so this is the next step.
love,nafeesa.
I really miss hanging out with my boyfriend, but I know it's important that I fully recover.
Today, I'm well enough to sit and type, unlike the past few days in which I was a groggy, dizzy zombie in complete and miserable pain.
My surgery was on tuesday, and I woke up in the morning anxious and scared.
Thankfully, my brother came along so he made me laugh and cheered me up on the way in the car.
After registering, the nurse brought me to change into the blue slip followed by a pink robe.
They made me wear this showercap thing on my head to cover my hair, and slippers.
My mom followed me inside to sign all the forms.
The nurse took my blood pressure, then made me wait in the waiting area with the other patients.
Then she injected and fixed this tube thingy with a needle into a vein in my left arm to draw blood as well as to feed me medicine.
Then my mum was instructed to wait for me outside,( the look of worry on her face was priceless)
leaving me alone in the waiting area.
I waited for about an hour.
In between I tried to call my boyfriend, read Young Parents, walked around the room restlessly, talked to other patients and even dozed off.
Finally, this petite, young, and bespectacled nurse called out my name and led me to a room, numbered 3.
As I sat there and waited, the nurses and my doctor took turns to talk to me about random things to distract me, like my braces, where I was schooling and one of them was so nice as to take a blanket to cover me because I was shivering in the cold.
Finally everything was ready, and it was so, so scary to see an operating theatre right before me when the door slid open.
As I lay down, they strapped my left arm to the machine that measures my blood pressure(i think) and inserted some tubes here and there.
I could hear that creepy beeping sound of the machine that takes my heartrate somewhere behind me.
As they were fixing up the tubes and such, this particular nurse talked to me about my course but she kept annoying me because she misunderstood everything I said.
seriously annoying.
Finally my doctor, Dr Chuwa appeared beside me.
She's so nice, and I love the tone of her voice.
She told me that everything will be alright, and that she was going to make a mark on the area to be operated.
They did an ultrasound again, and she drew on me with a black marker.
She also reassured me by saying that the scars wouldn't be so big.
Next thing I knew, the anaesthetist's face appeared above me and she said..
"Okay nafeesa, don't worry okay. I want you to relax and breathe with me.."
The petite nurse placed a gas mask over me and the first thing I thought was that the gas smelled really sweet.
then the anaesthetist instructed me to "breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.."
So i followed exactly what she said and before I knew it, I felt really odd.
It was a really strange sensation, because I felt like I was leaving the room and floating downwards..
I can't describe it.
Everything went blank, and next thing I knew.. I woke up in the recovery room a few hours later, groggy, tired, and my chest hurt like hell.
The first thing I said was "is it over?" to a nurse who was checking up on me.
They fed me milo and biscuits when I was well enough to sit up.
After I changed into my own clothes, I slept on a comfortable chair.
Yet again, a nurse came and covered me with a blanket.
Then the nurse talked to me about what to do, and what not to do after surgery.
I've got a week's mc, which was to be expected.
When she removed the tube from the vein in my left arm, I suddenly felt giddy and nauseous and my lips started trembling.
I began shaking.
The nurses rushed over and I heard them saying "nafeesa are you okay?" "nak baring?"
They wheeled a bed over and I was made to lie down.
My mom came and was shocked at how pale i was.
I lay there for a while, trying to calm myself down.
I couldn't stop myself from shaking and shivering, so my mom had to hold everything for me..even my cup and my biscuits.
I couldn't stop shaking all the way home, and even on my own bed for a few hours.
Everything was a daze, and every few hours my mom would wake me up insisting that I eat.
When she tried to get me to eat, my hand was still shaking.
so she tried to feed me.
But the more she forced it down my throat, the more I felt like puking.
I ate 4 spoonfuls, gently pushed the plate away, and fell right into a deep sleep again.
I was tired, dizzy, and extremely weak.
In between, my sister and her kids came with a big bouquet of flowers.
My wound didn't hurt until yesterday, and the area around it feels tender and swollen.
Today, I'm much better thanks to plenty of rest, medication.
My boyfriend came by at my staircase yesterday, suprising me with prima deli chocolate cake which he knew I love. :)
Today, he visited again, this time with my friends.
Felt so much better today.
So thanks Farah, valli, val and jasmin and of course hafiz for coming to visit me today.
:))
You guys made my day.
While I wait for the next appointment with my doctor, I'm praying for my diagnosis to be positive.
The op went well, so this is the next step.
love,nafeesa.
Comments