When I was 9, I dreamt that you had leukemia and died.I acutely remember waking up in tears and profusely thanking God that you were still around.
When you enlisted over five years ago, I remember sadly waving goodbye at you at Tekong.
When you went over to Perth, I remember (okay pretty embarrassing) crying and sitting in your room.
When you were at your worst times, I'd sit by your bedside and my heart would ache wondering what I could possibly do to take your pain away.
I felt so helpless.
Years later, you are so much better but there's a part of me that always prays that you'd never be placed in that precarious position again.
I am very thankful for my other siblings as well, but it's different when you've spent your whole life laughing at the same old jokes and sharing really early memories (earliest one was me hitting him with a milk bottle and making him cry haha).
We have always been best friends.
I'm glad you're my elder brother.
love, naf.
Comments