It's with a heavy, heavy heart accompanied with loud exaggerated sighs that I start school tomorrow.
The holidays have been extremely fulfilling for me.
I've changed-I feel it under my skin, in my bones.
Now that I know what needs work, I'm ready to tackle it-and today I've already made a big change in my life.
Over the hols, I've spent ample time with all the important people in my life, particularly my boyfriend and my family.
Hafiz and I have had so much quality time, and we've ventured to a lot of places and done a lot more things then we can usually do during school term.
Our individual birthdays were so memorable- and we now have a lot more favourite places to eat.
haha.
It's been wonderful- and it's not going to stop.
My elder brother and I have also have had a lot of time together, going out on our usual trips..lazy days at Food for Thought and deep conversations over supper at home.
My eldest brother, who's in new york now, had a lovely turkey bacon platter breakfast with me at Burger King the other day, followed by many errands carried out through a single cab and at last Mamma Mia! at lido balestier near his place.
Mamma Mia was amazing.
He knew all the songs, and was practically dancing in his seatand screeched loudly at the end.
I, deeply amused by these very strange antics, joined in the fun and sang along to everything.
fun, fun, fun.
Harry gave me two pieces from his line-an amazingly gorgeous deep blue velvet high waisted skirt, heavily beaded and draped at the side,with a large exposed zipper at the back from his Harry Halim line..and a red, pair of corduroy high waisted shorts from his bias line.
Alas, they are no longer.
I went shopping with my sister too-hehe.Although, that's strangely nothing out of the ordinary.
I've also read The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman- the book which val strongly recommended for people with relationships.
I discovered that my boyfriend's primary love language is quality time, and that mine is touch, followed closely by words of affirmation and quality time.
Trust me when I say that this book is NOT just another guide to successful relationships.
It's an eye opener, and I've really realised what our separate needs are and how to let them coincide.
I'm almost done with Stop Dreaming, Stop Living by Elizabeth Mapstone.
This book made me dig out awful truths about myself-some made me cry and made me resolve to change.
I have so much pressure on myself, and with this new semester, things will be different.
What will be different?
I won't really share cause it's private..but all I will say is that I will no longer allow anyone to boss me around, or be passive and I shall stop trying to please everyone just for the sake of it.
I've also had truckloads of ME time.
I've gone out by myself countless times these hols, scouting around for inspiration, walking along the wet grounds of orchard, lugging my lovely black quilted bag with sugarcane with lemon juice in one hand.
I've even gone to watch a movie all by myself- The housebunny at eng wah sun plaza.
That experience was absolutely lovely.
There were only 5 people in the cinema, and I sat there by myself, guffawing loudly at the jokes and breathing in deeply..loving every second of me time.
I can't not have me time because I like being independent, and not having to rely on anyone else for company.
It also lets me drown in my thoughts(or the voices in my head).
I've also changed plenty of things in my wardrobe.
My favourite new pieces are my navy blazer, my body con striped dress, my marni esque sandals, my forever 21 heeled oxfords, all my new accessories and my printed culottes from the 70's.
Fashion still intrigues me endlessly.
Another reason why I don't want to start school is because of the drab stylings of majority of poly students.
Clad in their denim shorts, cheap tshirts and flip flops, it's really, really an eyesore.
Sigh.
Well, okay..now let me proceed with a major event.
Celebrated my boyfriend's 18th on friday..a day before his actual birthday.
I'd been planning this for ages..and everything was ruined when I called up Carousel at royal scotts plaza for reservations a day in advance..only to be told that they were fully booked.
Deflated, I reserved two seats at another international buffet.
Too bad Sakura's buffet is not as vast a buffet as Carousel.
Woke up early in the morning to bake his birthday cake.
My first cake..and it was successful!
Of course it's not professional looking..but hey im an amateur.
I wore my new navy blazer w/ white piping(a gift from him), a loose long tank, blak shiny latex leggings which don't show very well in photos, a chain necklace from f21 and four inch f21 black oxfords.
met him at yishun at 12, and off we went for an extremely filling, tummy-bloating early lunch!
We ate, and ate, and ate.
Bliss for him, I hope.
I was so glad that he didn't mind Sakura.. i promise ill take you to carousel one day.
well, at least we had a nice view of orchard.
after that, we headed to kallang and cabbed to the leisure park.
There we went ice skating!
I was terrified of going before this..but like I told myself, this is something he wanted to do with me for the longest time, and I should be up for anything these days.
I used to rollerblade when I was younger, but iceskating is a little different.
A little.
Slowly, I got the hang of it..and I could skate!:)It felt like I was flying.
I did fall once though..hehe.much to my chagrin and his laughter.
We held hands and skated a lot..he looks so graceful skating.
Sigh.I love you :)
About 6 ish, we cabbed back to kallang mrt.
My feet were blistered from the skates and oxfords.
We went back to orchard, where we took a bus to tanglin mall instead of botanic gardens because i needed to stall for time.
Walking there was EXCRUCIATING.
Now I know I'm trying to be a "heelskindagirl".
I'm increasing the inches over time..but my oxfords had no platform under the arch and it hurt like hell.
However, I braved on because it was important that we got to the destination.
When we got there, sher and basyir had already set up our picnic spot, with red heart shaped balloons, red and white rose petals scattered all over, tealights by the sides, my birthday cake fully lighted, two wineglasses and black satin cloth on the ground.
I removed my jacket from his eyes(of course he knew the suprise) and he liked it..he did..:)
It was romantic, with the moon shining bright above us..soft jazz crooning from the tiny speaker, us sipping from wineglasses, staring at each other.
Haha, there were ants of course..but it was too dark to see.
We moved off at about 830, and cabbed home..because my boyfriend was playing at the cage with his colleagues later that night.
By then, we were exhausted. really exhausted.
Overall, I had a beautiful day and I'm glad he enjoyed it. :)
I gave him a hilarious homemade card, and a pair of lovely tailored berms.
I've yet to get him his second present.
I hope he remembers that day..always :)










fish and co at the glasshouse, for mine and peter's bday..with the classmates!they made peter and me stand on the chairs and sang the birthday song for us. really sweet!thanks for the cake guys!





and of course, hari raya.




my nephew looks like he's camwhoring in the first photo.
i cant be bothered to post the rest.
well, off to finish yet another harry potter book AGAIN and complete season 6 sex and the city.
love,nafeesa.
The holidays have been extremely fulfilling for me.
I've changed-I feel it under my skin, in my bones.
Now that I know what needs work, I'm ready to tackle it-and today I've already made a big change in my life.
Over the hols, I've spent ample time with all the important people in my life, particularly my boyfriend and my family.
Hafiz and I have had so much quality time, and we've ventured to a lot of places and done a lot more things then we can usually do during school term.
Our individual birthdays were so memorable- and we now have a lot more favourite places to eat.
haha.
It's been wonderful- and it's not going to stop.
My elder brother and I have also have had a lot of time together, going out on our usual trips..lazy days at Food for Thought and deep conversations over supper at home.
My eldest brother, who's in new york now, had a lovely turkey bacon platter breakfast with me at Burger King the other day, followed by many errands carried out through a single cab and at last Mamma Mia! at lido balestier near his place.
Mamma Mia was amazing.
He knew all the songs, and was practically dancing in his seatand screeched loudly at the end.
I, deeply amused by these very strange antics, joined in the fun and sang along to everything.
fun, fun, fun.
Harry gave me two pieces from his line-an amazingly gorgeous deep blue velvet high waisted skirt, heavily beaded and draped at the side,with a large exposed zipper at the back from his Harry Halim line..and a red, pair of corduroy high waisted shorts from his bias line.
Alas, they are no longer.
I went shopping with my sister too-hehe.Although, that's strangely nothing out of the ordinary.
I've also read The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman- the book which val strongly recommended for people with relationships.
I discovered that my boyfriend's primary love language is quality time, and that mine is touch, followed closely by words of affirmation and quality time.
Trust me when I say that this book is NOT just another guide to successful relationships.
It's an eye opener, and I've really realised what our separate needs are and how to let them coincide.
I'm almost done with Stop Dreaming, Stop Living by Elizabeth Mapstone.
This book made me dig out awful truths about myself-some made me cry and made me resolve to change.
I have so much pressure on myself, and with this new semester, things will be different.
What will be different?
I won't really share cause it's private..but all I will say is that I will no longer allow anyone to boss me around, or be passive and I shall stop trying to please everyone just for the sake of it.
I've also had truckloads of ME time.
I've gone out by myself countless times these hols, scouting around for inspiration, walking along the wet grounds of orchard, lugging my lovely black quilted bag with sugarcane with lemon juice in one hand.
I've even gone to watch a movie all by myself- The housebunny at eng wah sun plaza.
That experience was absolutely lovely.
There were only 5 people in the cinema, and I sat there by myself, guffawing loudly at the jokes and breathing in deeply..loving every second of me time.
I can't not have me time because I like being independent, and not having to rely on anyone else for company.
It also lets me drown in my thoughts(or the voices in my head).
I've also changed plenty of things in my wardrobe.
My favourite new pieces are my navy blazer, my body con striped dress, my marni esque sandals, my forever 21 heeled oxfords, all my new accessories and my printed culottes from the 70's.
Fashion still intrigues me endlessly.
Another reason why I don't want to start school is because of the drab stylings of majority of poly students.
Clad in their denim shorts, cheap tshirts and flip flops, it's really, really an eyesore.
Sigh.
Well, okay..now let me proceed with a major event.
Celebrated my boyfriend's 18th on friday..a day before his actual birthday.
I'd been planning this for ages..and everything was ruined when I called up Carousel at royal scotts plaza for reservations a day in advance..only to be told that they were fully booked.
Deflated, I reserved two seats at another international buffet.
Too bad Sakura's buffet is not as vast a buffet as Carousel.
Woke up early in the morning to bake his birthday cake.
My first cake..and it was successful!
Of course it's not professional looking..but hey im an amateur.
I wore my new navy blazer w/ white piping(a gift from him), a loose long tank, blak shiny latex leggings which don't show very well in photos, a chain necklace from f21 and four inch f21 black oxfords.
met him at yishun at 12, and off we went for an extremely filling, tummy-bloating early lunch!
We ate, and ate, and ate.
Bliss for him, I hope.
I was so glad that he didn't mind Sakura.. i promise ill take you to carousel one day.
well, at least we had a nice view of orchard.
after that, we headed to kallang and cabbed to the leisure park.
There we went ice skating!
I was terrified of going before this..but like I told myself, this is something he wanted to do with me for the longest time, and I should be up for anything these days.
I used to rollerblade when I was younger, but iceskating is a little different.
A little.
Slowly, I got the hang of it..and I could skate!:)It felt like I was flying.
I did fall once though..hehe.much to my chagrin and his laughter.
We held hands and skated a lot..he looks so graceful skating.
Sigh.I love you :)
About 6 ish, we cabbed back to kallang mrt.
My feet were blistered from the skates and oxfords.
We went back to orchard, where we took a bus to tanglin mall instead of botanic gardens because i needed to stall for time.
Walking there was EXCRUCIATING.
Now I know I'm trying to be a "heelskindagirl".
I'm increasing the inches over time..but my oxfords had no platform under the arch and it hurt like hell.
However, I braved on because it was important that we got to the destination.
When we got there, sher and basyir had already set up our picnic spot, with red heart shaped balloons, red and white rose petals scattered all over, tealights by the sides, my birthday cake fully lighted, two wineglasses and black satin cloth on the ground.
I removed my jacket from his eyes(of course he knew the suprise) and he liked it..he did..:)
It was romantic, with the moon shining bright above us..soft jazz crooning from the tiny speaker, us sipping from wineglasses, staring at each other.
Haha, there were ants of course..but it was too dark to see.
We moved off at about 830, and cabbed home..because my boyfriend was playing at the cage with his colleagues later that night.
By then, we were exhausted. really exhausted.
Overall, I had a beautiful day and I'm glad he enjoyed it. :)
I gave him a hilarious homemade card, and a pair of lovely tailored berms.
I've yet to get him his second present.
I hope he remembers that day..always :)
fish and co at the glasshouse, for mine and peter's bday..with the classmates!they made peter and me stand on the chairs and sang the birthday song for us. really sweet!thanks for the cake guys!
and of course, hari raya.
my nephew looks like he's camwhoring in the first photo.
i cant be bothered to post the rest.
well, off to finish yet another harry potter book AGAIN and complete season 6 sex and the city.
love,nafeesa.
Comments